Thursday 1 July 2010

You Need Wheels...

... as the Merton Parkas once noted. And I'm happy to say I have mine back in full working order. Four months ago, it seemed destined for the scrapheap, but an unusual piece of massive good luck has seen her happily sat back outside my flat.

I'm aware that by driving to work everyday, I'm an evil, polluting piece of dirt who is killing the planet bit by bit. Well, you can blame the wonderful people at Stagecoach Manchester for their absolute inability to provide a prompt, efficient and good value public transport system. I mean, my car is hardly economical and I only use £4 more on petrol than I would on a bus ticket to get to work and back every week.

What this means is no more stood at the bus stop, waiting. No more listening to the crappy music from some prick's mobile phone. No more surly bus drivers complaining you don't have the exact change for the fare ("I'm not a bank!" Oh, fuck off) and an extra 15 minutes in bed every morning.

Just in time for summer too - I plan on taking a few trips out at weekends over the next couple of months, weather permitting.

Added to this, my passport arrived today. I had taken the unwise step of booking some flights a few weeks ago before I'd got round to renewing the old documents. With two weeks to take-off, I was beginning to get a little bit paranoid but today it arrived, complete with gormless new photo. Well, it's the law to look a complete dick, isn't it? It's just to amuse the bods at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment