Monday 13 February 2012

Indoors World

Ah, sweet sloth. If I were a Christian man, it would be my favourite sin. But as I think it's all a load of old tosh (but whatever gets you through the night), I can fully embrace my sense of sloth to be a right lazy sod on days like today.

As I've been keen on reminding people the last month or so, this is my week off from work. Free to use just for myself and my idling ways. Well, except for Wednesday, when my ma and pa are passing by. Which means I'll have to do some tidying up Tuesday night. But except for that - plenty of time to be sat on my arse doing very little. And there's a United game on the box on Thursday - excellent!

I get the feeling most people feel the need to do something when they have a decent spell on leave. That they have to go somewhere, experience stuff, meet people. Then there are those, like me, who only need a sofa you can lie fully across and some quiet. Getting out of bed this morning seemed a lot like hard work, so a nice half hour spell back off my feet was just the ticket to refresh me before a tough three hours watching Frisky Dingo and Community.

All of which reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend the other week: that we live in a time where it's almost possible that if you didn't need to go to work, you'd never have to leave the house if you wanted. We can order all our goods and pay our bills online. You only time you'd need to leave the front door would be to take our the rubbish. Or escape in event of fire, which can happen, y'know.

Of course, it's stretching it to say even I would enjoy that all the time. It's nice to go out to gigs and the pub quiz. Plus it would be tough to be in a band that existed exclusively in my living room. All the same, I reckon I would hack it as a lifestyle better than others - this blog is named for a good reason. If only I didn't need to work for a living, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment