Friday 15 March 2013

Battle of the Bulge

I've not written in this here blog for some long time now. Mainly because I'd always said I would only do this gig as long as it entertaining for me to do so.

Recent months have meant it wasn't, because of the rather worrying spectre of the ax falling over my employment prospects. I've been unemployed before, and the idea of doing so again put a somewhat black cloud over my mental state of mind.

Yet, somehow, fate has rolled in my favour and it seems the pull of the dole queue has been avoided once again. In a bigger farce of events, I've somehow managed to get put forward for a promotion, making me somehow who could well benefit from the global recession. Figure that one out.

To take a further self-pitying stance, I recently turned 32 and realised I was horrendously unfit and in great danger of becoming a fat bastard unless I changed my ways. I've long suspected our bodies have a kind of warranty that lasts till you're about 25. To that point, you can eat, drink, take whatever you like and you should be fine, as long as you're not too stupid. Beyond that, it's payback. The scales show in the last ten years, I'd managed to put on the best part of three stone in weight (say 18kg for you metric dudes), most of it onto my belly.

This is a crisis, at least in my pathetic life. Thus, I've had to take up more walking as part of my daily routine, starting with 30 minutes after work. It's not too much in the way of fun, but I recognise it's a necessary evil if I'm to avoid the pitfall of becoming a fat bastard.

Anyways, I'll try to sort my sorry arse out to return to regular blogging soon (if anyone cares), with the usual brand of pointless bollocks, banal musings and crap excuses for wasting my life away. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment