Friday 14 October 2011

Happy Engine

Possibly as a flipside of often getting easily irritated by minor things, I'm also very easily pleased. Look at that picture on the left - it's completely brilliant. The wee train has a smile and everything. I could look at that pic for ages - smiling at the happy folk disembarking: the woman with her shopping basket, holding her daughters hand, the fella with the bowling hat and another holding some flowers - is he off on a date? Who knows! But I'll spend a good 20 minutes thinking about it. It's also got that late 70s/early 80s drawing style that has a wonderful charm and innocence to it.

I found that picture on a blog of a guy who decided to visit every station on the Merseyrail network, which I also found fantastic. You can find him at merseytart.com, if you're a bit like me and can spend an hour reading about how pleasant (or not) a railway station is. I'd be half tempted to do one for the Manchester Metrolink if I had the energy. And if it wasn't for the fact that the Metrolink is expensive. And shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment