Tuesday 20 April 2010

Spindrift Stinging My Remaining Eye

Of course, if anyone is actually reading this, I fully expect you to be saying "You miserable git. What have you got to be so fed up about? At least you've got a job and live in a nice part of Manchester."

Well, yes, you're probably right. In reply, I offer the words of one of England's great poets, Mr Nigel Blackwell:

"I try to put everything into perspective
Set it against the scale of human suffering
And I thought of the Mugabe government
And the children of the Calcutta railways.
This works for a while
But then I encounter Primark FM
Overhead a rainbow appears
In black and white."

I would like to point out that I've only been in a branch of Primark once, and I did not purchase anything. Honest, your honour.

No comments:

Post a Comment